Why is basic dental care important?
- prevents tooth decay
- prevents gum disease (periodontal), which can damage gum tissue and the bones that support teeth, and in the long term can lead to the loss of teeth.
- shortens time with the dentist and dental hygienist, and makes the trip more comfortable.
- Saves money; by preventing tooth decay and gum disease, you can reduce the need for fillings and other costly procedures.
- Helps prevent bad breath. Brushing and flossing rid the mouth of the bacteria that causes bad breath.
- Helps keep teeth white by preventing staining from foods, drinks, and tobacco.
- Improves overall health.
- makes it possible for your teeth to last a lifetime.
Dr. James L. Johnson