If you are seeking treatment for bad breath, is it important to first determine what is causing your bad breath? Bad breath could be the result of your diet, improper oral hygiene habits, poor lifestyle choices or underlying ailments deep within your body. Visit our dental office to determine the exact cause of your bad breath so that the appropriate treatments can be administered. Here are some helpful tips to keep your smile safe:
– Bad breath is often the result of plaque buildup and debris in your mouth, so make sure that you continually brush and floss every day. The American Dental Association recommends brushing twice daily and flossing once daily too.
– Don’t forget to regularly clean off your tongue, as it can often harbor harmful bacteria that can produce bad breath. To clean off your tongue, use a nonabrasive toothbrush or tongue scraper.
– If you have prosthetic devices in place, including removal dentures, make sure they are soaked and cleaning every day or night to prevent contamination.
– Never underestimate the importance of saliva flow, as it can help neutralize harmful bacteria in your mouth that can contribute to bad breath.
– Be sure to visit our dentist regularly for routine checkups and examinations.
– Eliminate unhealthy habits in your lifestyle including using tobacco or drugs.
Are you ready to take the necessary steps to help treat and prevent bad breath in West Jordan, Utah? If so, you are welcome to schedule an appointment with Dr. James L. Johnson at our dental office by calling us at 801-255-7800. James L. Johnson - The Dentist wants to help you achieve the smile you want!